March 10 Walk around Llangadog March 9, 2013
Lovely bright day so we decided to go for a walk in the sunshine before we settle down in front of the TV for the afternoon to watch Wales play Scotland at Murrayfield
We left the car at Llangadog Common and walked across the road to take a new walk through the fields.
Sign on Llangadog Common
Sign : Llangadog held the first horse racing in 1884 traditionally a race is held in the locality every Easter Monday. This art work commemorates the 125 years anniversary (2009)
View over the common towards the river
A subject for a painting maybe
Looking towards the site of the remains of Llangadog motte and bailey castle
Lambs in the field…hope they keep warm over the weekend when snow is around!
Our walk continued across the fields and back onto the back road leading out of Llangadog. Further along this road we came to the cemetery. There was a new section and the old part had gravestones going back to the mid 1800’s.
Maybe another subject to paint at art class!
The Last Gallery in the old cobblers!
The Last Gallery is a contemporary art space displaying artworks and artifacts in an unconventional setting. www.thelastgallery.blogspot.com
Window display in The Last Gallery
Following the road back to our car we crossed a little stone bridge with a bench mark engraved into the stone and the date when the bridge was built.
Bridge built in 1835
Fantastic walk and now a fantastic result for the rugby match…WALES won…hoorah!